Eve of the Storm Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST

3 posters

Go down

Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST Empty Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST

Post by NinjaAngel Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:06 pm

These are some general rules that every user should follow. If you fail to follow these a moderator will proceed to warn you. If you continue to break rules it will lead to your account being banned.
⦁ No Spamming-
Do not go to a RP and post an OOC reply with no intention of joining. For example calling a user to a thread, we have a PM system that you can use instead.
⦁ No flaming-
Flame wars are absolutely not allowed. Act civilized with other users, we are humans, not monkeys. If a user a being rude to you DO NOT FEED THE TROLL contact a moderator and they will take care of the situation. If a user is bothering you via PM, take a screenshot of the offending message and contact a moderator with it. They will be able to take care of the situation.
⦁ No Double Posting-
Posting something once is enough. An exception would only be when the person you're RPing with logged off, then you may QUOTE your post so they can see it.
⦁ No Duplicate RPs-
When making a new RP please make sure that there isn't one with the same story. For example, don't make a Harry Potter/Doctor Who crossover RP if there already is one, join the first one! If you notice a duplicate RP please contact a moderator about it and they will take care of it.
⦁ Use Time Skip-
Please keep RPs PG-13, if a situation starts to get too mature use 'Time Skip' or 'Close Curtain'.
⦁ No Power Playing-
This means taking over another players character. For example "Angel slashed her dagger across Nikol's face. She watched as Nikol fell over, writhing in pain." It was assumed that Angel hit Nikol and the RPer dictated what Nikol did. Never assume you know what a character will do.
⦁ No God-Modding-
God-moding is when a character is able to do whatever they want, whenever they want with little or no consequences. Every character should have weakness, otherwise they would be a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu, which is not acceptable.
⦁ No Mary-sues/Gary-stus-
Mary-sues and Gary-sues are perfect characters, beautiful, smart, everybody loves them, no flaws/weaknesses, and a dramatic past. These characters are no fun for the other users. If someone has a Mary-sue or Gary-stu and won't fix upon POLITE request, contact a moderator and they can take care of it.
⦁ No Meta-Gaming-
Meta-gaming is when you, the user, know that something is going to happen ahead of time or uses your knowledge of whats going on to help your character avoid certain problems or react certain ways. As in NinjaAngel has the character Angel. NinjaAngel knows that Triston the character has a crush in Ariana the character, therfore Angel sets the lovely couple up because she "thinks" Triston likes Ariana. In the RP Angel has not seen or heard any evidence that Tristion likes Ariana, so this is unrealistic. Do not use what YOU know about a character or RP to move YOUR CHARACTER forward. Only use what you character has seen, heard, and knows about.
⦁ Be Literate-
Use proper grammar in your RP post, no Txt language. Use proper punctuation. Check for spelling. Imagine you are writing a story, not just telling what your character is saying and doing. Also, Please try and use at least two sentences in your post, that way other users will hopefully have something to work with. (At the very least be Semi-lit)
BAD:
Cassie: *looks down cryng* It always hurts to think about it. *Wips ters* I just wish I couldof done sumthin about it.
GOOD:
Cassie looked down at her feet, silver tears streaming down her face, "It always hurts to think about it," she started, chocking back sobs, "when she died." She wiped her tears away with the back of her sleeve. After a second of tense silence she added, "I just wish I could of done something different." she paused, "Something that could change what happened to her. Then, maybe, my life wouldn't be a living hell."
See what difference a little bit of extra detail can make? (Note: You do not have to be literate in OOC, just please try to make it readable, for the sake of other users.)
⦁ No Plagiarism-
Never ever copy another users work without their permission, period.

Admin:
NinjaAngel

Current Moderators:
NinjaAngel
FlexibleAcrobaticAriana
If you have any problems please contact them at EveoftheStormRPModerator@Hotmail.com and they will be more then glad to help.

Credits:
Characters Angel, Nikol, and Cassie belong to NinjaAngel
Characters Triston and Ariana belong to FlexibleAcrobaticAriana
Information on Power Playing, God-Modding, and Meta-Gameing came from here.

When you have read ALL rules post a reply saying you accept and you will be able to post.

Last edited by NinjaAngel on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
NinjaAngel
NinjaAngel
Admin

https://eveofthestormrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST Empty Re: Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST

Post by NinjaAngel Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:09 pm

I accept.
(Yes, Admins and Mods must do it too)
NinjaAngel
NinjaAngel
Admin

https://eveofthestormrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST Empty Re: Rules READ AND ACCEPT BEFORE YOU POST

Post by glitterLily123 Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 pm

I accept.

glitterLily123

Back to top Go down

Post by FlexibleAcrobaticAriana Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:26 pm

You know I accept

FlexibleAcrobaticAriana

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterLily123 Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Angel come back please!

glitterLily123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum